As a Permitting Associate at PureSky, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance, ethical practices, and effective decision-making within the solar energy organization. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring governance frameworks, policies, and procedures to uphold the highest standards of transparency, accountability, and sustainability. This role requires a deep understanding of the solar energy industry, regulatory landscapes, and corporate governance principles.
- Policy Development:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and update governance and permitting policies and procedures specific to the solar energy sector.
- Research and stay up-to-date with relevant industry regulations, standards, and best practices to ensure compliance.
- Compliance Management:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to solar energy operations, environmental impact, and safety.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal audits and inspections to assess compliance with governance policies.
- Ethics and Sustainability:
- Drive ethical behavior and sustainability initiatives throughout the organization by promoting responsible practices in solar energy production, resource management, and community engagement.
- Risk Management:
- Identify potential governance risks and provide recommendations to mitigate them.
- Work closely with legal and risk management teams to address any legal or regulatory issues that may arise.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Collaborate with external stakeholders such as regulatory agencies, industry associations, and community organizations to maintain positive relationships and ensure alignment with industry norms.
- Reporting and Transparency:
- Prepare regular reports on governance and compliance activities for internal stakeholders and regulatory authorities.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership regarding governance-related matters and potential areas of improvement.
- Training and Awareness:
- Develop training programs and materials to educate employees about governance policies, compliance requirements, and ethical considerations within the solar energy industry.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance governance practices, streamline processes, and drive operational efficiency.
- Other ad hoc projects, reports as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as environmental science, sustainable business, law, or a related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
- Strong understanding of solar energy technologies, industry trends, and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and permitting principles and their application within the renewable energy sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential risks and propose effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in compliance management, policy development, or environmental regulations is preferred.
- Certification in relevant governance or sustainability frameworks (e.g., ISO 14001, GRI, CDP) is a plus.
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Bonus Opportunity: 15% of annual salary