Last Updated: October 17, 2023
By accessing or using our Services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree, please do not use or access our Services.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
The personal information we may obtain about you may include when you inquire about our Services, create an account with us, sign up for Services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, provide comments, or participate in an online discussion, or otherwise contact us. The types of personal information we may obtain about you through our Services include:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email address and mailing and service address);
- information used to create your online account and other account-related information (such as username, password, security questions and answers, account number, and any content you choose to store in your account);
- demographic information, such as date of birth, gender and other background information (such as your ethnicity if you inquire about programs applicable to minorities);
- Social Security number, driver's license number, tax identification number and other government-issued identification numbers;
- if you make a purchase from us, enter into a contractual relationship with us, utility account information (including a copy of your utility bill) and payment information, such as name, billing address, bank account information, and payment card details (including payment card number, expiration date and security code), some of which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf;
- information related to your transactions with us, such as your payment history;
- social media accounts;
- information you provide in the course of applying for a job with us, such as details about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status and background check information; and
- other personal information in content you submit to us, such as information you provide to us when you create or modify your online account, contact us through emails, our automated chat feature, or our Services, respond to surveys, use our forums, and complete any registration, including those related to receiving communications on select advocacy topics, or self-service transaction forms.
We may obtain some information about you from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, utility companies, address validation services, and other sources of data augmentation.
We also may collect other information about you through our Services in ways for which we provide specific notice or otherwise with your consent.
Any information you may disclose on our Services in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Services or other third-party sites or apps that may be linked, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
When you interact with our Services or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies. A “browser cookie” is a text file that we save on your device when you use our Services. Cookies allow us to uniquely identify users and to store information or settings. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is a clear picture file that allows us and third parties to store information about your interactions with our Services, such as how you use the Services and view our content.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your devices, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, Internet service provider, identifiers associated with your devices, domain name, device and operating system type and characteristics, web browser characteristics, language preferences, information about your interactions with and preferences on our Services (such as clickstream data), the webpage from which you link to or from our Services, dates and times of access to our Services, and other information about your use of our Services.
These technologies help us
- remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it;
- track and understand how you use and interact with our Services;
- tailor our Services around your preferences;
- measure the usability of our Services;
- understand the effectiveness of our customer services and communications;
- identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues; and
- otherwise manage and enhance our Services (and our other products and services) and help ensure they are working properly.
You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser's menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. In addition, your mobile device settings may allow you to prohibit mobile app platforms (such as Apple and Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with mobile app developers and operators such as us. Please note, however, that without cookies and similar technologies we use, you may not be able to take full advantage of all features of our Services.
We also may receive your mobile device's precise geolocation. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as to assist you with finding a nearby payment location. This information is not stored by us for future use. Your device may provide you with a notification when the Services attempt to collect your precise geolocation. Location services can be turned off within the settings of your mobile device
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Services, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or Services usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit.
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Services and offline, as well as information across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
BROWSER AND SYSTEM CONTROLS
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You may set your browser or operating system to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but this also comes with the risk of losing certain features or services with your browser and all sites. For example, if cookies are disabled you will not be able to log into the Services. Each browser and operating system is a little different, so please check your browser or operating system’s settings or help section to learn more about how to delete or disable cookies and tracking.
DO NOT TRACK AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
In connection with these Google Analytics advertising features, Google Analytics may collect data about your traffic via Google advertising cookies and identifiers. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Services. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may use third party service providers to support our Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, HTMLS, or other technologies to collect and manage information on our behalf.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
The Company may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- provide and manage our Services, including to process, evaluate, communicate and fulfill requests, inquiries and claims we receive in connection with our Services;
- create, manage, administer and communicate with you about your account, including identifying and authenticating you so you may access your account or use certain features of our Services;
- personalize your experience with our Services (such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you, and to offer location-based and personalized content and communications);
- provide customer and technical support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications we receive in connection with our Services;
- provide customer support services through our automated chat feature and maintain transcripts of chat communications;
- provide you with information about the Company;
- provide you with information about select advocacy topics in your jurisdiction, including legislative hearings and petitions and opportunities to engage with local officials;
- subject to applicable law, communicate about and administer our services, events, surveys, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- manage careers with the Company, including recruitment, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee or contractor onboarding;
- perform data analytics (such as crash analytics, offer acceptance rates, market research, trend analysis, data aggregation and anonymization, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including administering, enhancing and improving our services; developing new services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- conduct investigations and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies and terms; and
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our services, network, information, customers, employees, and others.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice and obtain your consent if required by applicable law. We may combine information we obtain about you (such as through our Services or from third parties) for the purposes described above.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The Company may disclose or share the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- with our affiliated companies which may not share the Company’s name.
- with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities on our behalf;
- with your utility to request historical usage and to provide your utility company with allocation information;
- analytics, including credit, payment, and billing transactions, to the owners of solar farms or other generators to which you will be subscribed; and
- with our select partners, sales agents and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
The Company may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
We may disclose or share your information to respond to the judicial process or provide information to law enforcement, government officials or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to legal requests, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. We may also share your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or otherwise with your consent.
In the event that we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal and other information of our customers and visitors to the Services may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with the transaction or the due diligence related to a proposed transaction of this type.
[Some state laws, and certain state utility commissions with regulatory oversight of our Services in various jurisdictions, require that certain customer information be protected from disclosure to our affiliate companies. [discuss whether need/want to list relevant laws]]
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Please note that the Company will be unable to delete certain data, including payment credentials if You are still subscribed to an active generating facility or have outstanding charges that need to be paid.
The Company may also retain data to fulfill regulatory requirements such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) data retention policies.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and update certain information by adjusting your profile and settings on the Services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law, as well as our records retention requirements and policies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
The Services may have links to third-party websites, applications, or other communities that may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites, apps, or communities. You should check their privacy statements to understand how they may handle your information.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to the Company. The Services is intended for general adult audiences and are not directed or intended for, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from, individuals under 13 years of age. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. While we take efforts to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or otherwise revise portions of this Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Services, as appropriate. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes. If we change the Privacy Statement in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the practices described herein, you may contact us at email@example.com.