PureSky Energy is a forward-thinking leader in the renewable energy industry, dedicated to making solar energy accessible and affordable to communities. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager of Financial Operations to join our team and play a pivotal role in managing the financial aspects of our community solar projects.
The Manager of Financial Operations, Community Solar will play a crucial role in leading the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of business processes directly impacting the day-to-day financial and operational health of the company. This role will lead the development and management of PureSky’s community solar billing platform including customer invoicing, collections, financial reporting, and utility communications. Your work will be critical to scale financial operations effectively for our customer management team on all customer related financial activities relating to our community solar farms across the United States.
Customer Billing Platform:
- Lead the effort to revamp our customer billing and collections platform, coordinating closely with data analytics, and operations leaders to streamlines processes and deliver improvements.
- Maximize project revenue by monitoring solar project utilization rates and identifying future project capacity needs to maintain fully subscribed projects. continuously improving processes and utilizing software tools to analyze customers monthly savings to calculate/submit new allocations to utility companies.
- Reporting: Track, measure and report on project and portfolio performance, controlling data flow for impact reporting, financial statements, and daily operations of the portfolio.
- Assist accounting team to reconcile accounts receivable with monthly reporting.
- Financial Oversight: Manage and oversee the financial operations of our community solar projects, ensuring compliance with budget, financial reporting, and regulatory requirements.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and maintain project budgets, conduct financial forecasting, and monitor financial performance.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks associated with community solar projects and recommend solutions for risk reduction.
- Financial Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop financial strategies that optimize project success and growth.
- Vendor and Partner Relations: Manage relationships with financial service providers, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field or 5+ years applicable work experience.
- Two (2) or more year’s progressive experience in Financial Operations with a strong background in community solar, data analytics, and management.
- A track record of successful financial strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience utilizing Hubspot or comparable CRM systems.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools such as Excel, Alteryx, and Smartsheets.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-directed with the ability to work remotely without constant supervision.
- Positive attitude, passion for renewable energy.
- Experience working with sensitive and personally identifiable information.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the US and Canada.
Exempt Position – Annual Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - USD
Bonus Opportunity: 20% of annual salary